May 25, 2010

Curried Chicken Salad

This recipe comes from Carrie- the newest neighbor on our street. This was fresh and delightful!

Curried Chicken Salad:
3 chicken breasts
1 cup Mayo
1½ - 2 tablespoons curry powder
1 celery stalk finely chopped
4 green onions thinly sliced
¼ cup slivered almonds (can omit if nut allergy)
¾ cup seedless red grapes or cherries when available
Lettuce and pita pockets for serving

Parboil chicken. Let cool and chop or shred. In large bowl, combine the Mayo and curry powder. Add chicken, celery, green onions, and almonds. Stir until well combined. Just before serving add grapes or cherries. Serve over a bed of lettuce or in pita pockets. (I do both:)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

"This sounds great! Toss some scrambled eggs in there and call it a breakfast quesadilla! I'll give this a try on my spouses group with the next brunch I host!"

Thanks, and that is such a great idea, I will have to try it with the eggs! Super cute blog by the way! :)

Sandie said...

LOVE the egg idea! I'm going to try this too!
Thanks for the compliment on my blog. Being that I'm such a foodie, I needed a creative outlet and here it is!