September 25, 2011

Le Creuset

Here is it, my latest kitchen toy- my Le Creuet Braiser. My darling husband bought it for me yesterday. Hands down, I am one lucky woman! So I've decided to take you on a walk through my small but growing collection of Le Creuset cookware. I have the following pieces...
 3½ quart Braiser in Flame
 5    quart Oval French Oven in Cherry
 6¾ quart  Wide Round French Oven in Kiwi
 3½ quart Oval French Oven in Caribbean
 7½ quart Round French Oven in Kiwi


 I use these various pieces for all sorts of things. The oval ones are perfect for using in the oven to bake things like whole stuffed chickens and fancy pork and beef roasts. I love the round ones for stove top items such making soups, stews, chili and deep frying. My winter favorite is this rustic stew (it's an Ina Garten recipe) that goes from the stove top to the oven to finish it off. There's no limit to the things one can make in these wonderful French Ovens.

Places to check for great bargains on Le Creuset has to be their outlet stores. Other places such as Marshall's, TJ Maxx and Home Goods. These are the kind of cookware pieces that are handed down through the generations. I know that my daughter will enjoy pieces  such as these when she starts collecting quality cookware for her own home one day.

Now you may wonder at the various colors. I have a  same thing going on with my Kitchen Aid appliances. The matter of the fact is that I love variety and the rainbow. There's that and the fact that I happen to buy whatever color strikes my fancy and whatever "good deal" comes my way. Hence the 2 larger French ovens in Kiwi. I came across the wide one on clearance at a TJ Maxx store for such an impossibly good deal that I simply could not pass it up!

No comments: