March 10, 2007

Cooking Italian with Giada De Laurentiis


I love to cook using fresh herbs! Italian cooking is full of wonderful herbs and fresh from the garden fruits and vegetables. Last night I made another terrific meal from Giada De Laurentiis' cook book "Every Day Italian"- Stuffed Tomatoes.


This is a delicious and delightful way to surprise a group of friends with a lovely meal. I made the stuffed tomatoes and served it with grilled tuna steaks. I used the arborio rice just like the recipe called for but you can easily substitute medium or long grain rice. One thing I would change is using my roasted garlic instead of the raw garlic as the the tomatoes are only in the oven for 20 minutes...basically enough time to heat the tomato and filling, not enough time to really "cook" anything. This is an excellent dish to serve with just about any type of fish, it's light and not overpowering in any way.

No comments: