June 14, 2007

Roasting Garlic

I've had many friends ask me what my secret is when I roast garlic- let me be perfectly frank...I have no secret way of doing it. I've been roasting my garlic this way for years. I'm going to walk you through it step by step...




Depending upon how many recipes that use garlic as an ingredient is how many heads of garlic you will want to roast at one time. I use a lot of garlic so I'm roasting 4 heads today.




Cut the tops off of the heads of garlic




put into shallow dish- I use a clay baking dish




pour EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) on top of garlic heads




cover with aluminum foil- cut slits in it to let out the steam




bake at 250ยบ for 2 hours (when baking 4 heads at one time, bake only 1 hour when baking 1 head of garlic).

And this is what the final product will look like...sweet roasted garlic, enjoy!

No comments: