July 1, 2007

I'm on a cooking binge... again

So there I was doing some grocery shopping and suddenly these ideas and recipes start flooding my brain. I bought 1 lovely pink pork roast, 4 or 5 packages on boneless skinless chicken breasts, 2 packages of beef tip steaks a boat load of fresh veggies not to mention enough cream cheese to make 2 cheesecakes and the ingredients to make a chocolate fudge cake.

I get to the check out and the woman bagging my groceries tells me that they are always so surprised when I come through because I'm always so happy when I'm buying groceries and how I never complain about the prices. She said that it was very obvious that I enjoy cooking because just about everyone complains about the prices when their groceries are being rang up then there's me...I point out how good the veggies are looking in the produce department or the great buy on whatever meat I'm getting, LOL! Mental not to self...make commissary baggers a big ol cheesecake for their break room once it gets closer to Thanksgiving.

So yes I've got plans for all this meat...the pork is marinating, and I'm going to grill up the steaks and some of the chicken in another hour or so. I have a new issue of Cooking Light magazine and Every Day Food and let me tell you there are some killer recipes in them! The kids are home all day long because of summer break and I don't want them pigging out on what I consider junk food. I buy 1 bag of potato chips and one 2 liter bottle of Pepsi and when they're gone they are gone and that's the end of it until the next week. I've got a ton of fresh fruit, bell peppers, carrots and other yummy things to nibble upon.

Cooking makes me sooooo happy! I can hardly wait to get the seasoning on the meat and grill it!

No comments: