July 10, 2007

My Kitchen

So here I am posting a link to my kitchen blog and I look and realize that I don't have any pictures of my kitchen...what is the world coming to?, LOL! So here is an over view of my kitchen.










The modern kitchen is all about "work stations", having a place assigned to certain areas of your kitchen to preform certain tasks. I remember working with an interior designer with the building and construction our first house back in 1994 that persons ideas were all about the work triangle...while I was wanting work stations, who knew that I was only a few years ahead of the industry with my thinking and my kitchen design ideas. In the end I got what I wanted and I was very happy.


So here we are in our 3rd house and there are the things that work for me....


The stove I picked out and bought is a Frigidaire Professional series 5 burner gas range with convection plus it's got a warming drawer that also bakes up to 450 degrees. I adore the 5 burner cook top as the entire surface is covered in a 3 piece grate. It's so easy to clean too! When some friends recently asked me about how it was to clean...I joked with them about the kind of cleaner that I had to use on it. I was asked if it was costly (everyone always assumes that things are costly) so I rolled my eyes and said "Oh you wouldn't believe what I have to pay for the kind of cleaner that I have to use on this stove" so everyone is waiting on baited breath to get the scoop and then I surprise them and tell them that I use Windex, LOL! The look on their faces was priceless! Yes I got a good laugh out of it.




a close up view of the 5 burner cook top
full view of range and microwave oven- bottom drawer on oven is the warming drawer that can cook items up to 450 degrees.



Here you see the convection fan inside of the oven- it's the round thing on the back of the oven wall.


This is the first time for me to have an over the range microwave oven...and I'd do it again in a heart beat! Again with the Frigidaire professional series. The ease of clean up is amazing! Would I do stainless steel appliances again? You better believe it! These are so much easier to clean than the white appliances I've put in our past two kitchens. And the black granite sink, I LOVE that sink! The dishwasher is silent and the control panel is hidden giving it a sleek look.


I have a wide open work area which can be used for many things
My groovy dishwasher- I love the hidden control panel
It's a vaulted ceiling in my kitchen...another feature that I'm growing to love.
Here you see my pantry door, it's set at an is huge on storage space!

No comments: