February 10, 2012

Out with the old...

I admit right up front- I have an ever growing collection of cookbooks that is in desperate need to be weeded out! I figure that today was as good as any day to sit down and go through the ones I no longer use as a reference source for ideas. Well little did I know that I was setting myself up for some serious laughter...

So,there I was...innocently thumbing through a recipe book when I noted something odd. There was a reference to the origins of the recipe and how the original had called for use of "Squirrel Meat". Squirrel meat? Really??? My first thought was, How old is this cookbook? And my second thought was, Oh Lord let this have been and gift and nothing I bought for myself! When I looked at the cover, I laughed even harder because I instantly knew who had given me this cookbook. I smile and shake my head at the little things that make me laugh!

No comments: