December 18, 2007

Chocolate Volcano Cakes

I've been wanting to make these for quite some time. Believe it or not, I was desperate enough to once buy a box mix to make this. Don't ask about it- it wasn't even close to what the restaurants make. So here I am ready to try making them again- this time with a tried and true recipe from where else- Cooks Illustrated magazine! It's in their Holiday Baking issue so hurry up and get yourself a copy! I got mine at Lowe's (hard to believe right?) but hey they give a 10% discount on magazines!

So knowing full well that one really needs to have the right tools to do the job properly I went to the kitchen store (Someone's in the Kitchen-Rapid City) and bought six 8 ounce ramekins/souffle cups. Only to discover that I bought the wrong size and the wrong number (after putting them through the dishwasher)-oh well! So now I need to go back and purchase eight 4 ounce ramekins. I see myself having quite the variety of ramekins when this is all done and over with (as I already have eight 6 ounce ramekins). So why am I going through all of this? I want to make chocolate volcano cakes for my family for Christmas. Now for me to make sure that I have the right kinds of chocolate they call for in the recipe...just thinking about making this is bringing a HUGE smile to my face.

No comments: