June 21, 2010

Popovers

This recipe is one of my favorites from my childhood. I've been baking these since I was 11 years old. I never let my mom make them for me, this was my special treat that I would make all on my own.

Things you will need are...

popover tins- although muffin tins will work too.

  • 1cup flour (the all purpose kind)
  • ½teaspoon salt (I use kosher salt for all of my baking and cooking)
  • ¾ cup milk
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 Tablespoon melted butter (I use unsalted butter in all of my recipes)
  • 2 large eggs- beaten
Preheat oven to 425ยบ this recipe makes between 8 to 12 popovers.
Coat the popover/muffin tins with butter, set aside. Mix flour and salt together. Add milk, honey and melted butter, mix well. Add in beaten eggs, mix well.
Fill each popover tin to just under half full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes OR until the popovers are golden brown. Do not open the oven door to peek- turn on the oven light and look through the window instead... or your popovers will fall and not rise again :-(
Serve hot with with honey and butter, YUM!

No comments: