November 13, 2007

Holiday Menu Planning

I can hardly believe how quickly this month is going by. I look at the calendar and another week has gone by. Yesterday I realized that Thanksgiving is on the 22nd-yikes! We're having guests this year and needless to say I am thrilled! My girlfriend Susan and her family are going to stay with us for the 4 day Turkey Day weekend. I want to make her visit here a memorable one...in a good way, LOL! So here I am planning out a menu for each day. I've got all sorts of things I want to cook and each of them I look at as "comfort foods". I want my friend and her family to feel relaxed and to enjoy their time here with us. I'll have all sorts of things made in advance in preparation for Thanksgiving Day. I'm going to have the desserts made and some of the side dishes made in advance too. I want to spend quality time with my best friend -it's been over a year since we last got to visit with one another.

I've got to plan out breakfast for every day...something yummy. Waffles, kids always love to eat waffles. Then there's Susan's tried and true recipe for a warm you up breakfast casserole that is just delightful! Now to sift through all of my recipe books and get grocery lists made!

No comments: