February 25, 2007

Buying Kitchen Appliances

Lucien and I set out this afternoon to look at appliances and compare prices from one store and brand to another. We ended up at Lowe's and were looking at the different refrigerators and the sales person tells us that tomorrow is the last day for this terrific sale on some of the appliances that we're looking at buying...too bad the sale ends tomorrow.

So what did we do? Lucien drove home to get our 10% off our entire purchase coupon and I hung out at Lowe's getting other things we needed...like a new kitchen faucet, the one that can pull out and be either a stream of water or a sprayer (love those), a digital programmable thermostat (got to have one of those too) with multiple daytime settings and a weekend setting, another one of those curved shower curtain rods (would have bought two but the store only had the one left). We left that place a few thousand dollars poorer but VERY happy!

Now who wouldn't be happy after buying a $1600 refrigerator and getting it for nearly a third off? I mean really? :-) And that stove...I can hardly wait to use it! Five gas burners, it's duel fuel (electric and gas) plus it's a convection oven and it's also got the duel oven feature. Let me tell you I am in kitchen appliance heaven! I have no idea what the first thing I will cook on that stove or in that oven will be, I just hope that it isn't tuna noodle casserole, LOL!

Deciding on a dishwasher was tougher than the refrigerator. So many to choose from, who ever thought that I'd be spending so much on something to wash my dishes...this baby is sweet!

So between my Kitchen Aid and Frigidaire appliances I am in appliance Heaven! Look to see pictures of my appliances soon!

No comments: