February 2, 2007

keeping warm in the kitchen!

I can't begin to tell you all how much joy cooking and baking brings to me. Today has been one of those true joy filled days for me. So I begin my day by starting to bake some cheesecakes for the surprise baby shower I'm attending tomorrow. Here I have all gotten my measuring cups and spoons out, ingredients out and I start putting things together then I realize the following...I have only 1 tablespoon of real Vanilla left (have the clear imitation vanilla on hand but it never tastes like the real thing...well not to me any way) and about 2 tablespoons of sour cream left...someone ate it last night with their chili, oops, LOL!!! Yes I had to laugh at that one. It's freezing outside and the windchill made it about -15º out, eeeewww!!! But I braved it and went to the store, came home and was back in business all within 15 minutes.
I've since made 2 dreamy looking cheesecakes and they are in the cool down phase in my oven. Oh my word the house smells so good!!!! It's warmed up a bit outside...now it only feels like -6º LOL! My neighbor buzzed over to ask me a question and was wanting to know what I was baking...she thought that it was cookies and when I told her that it was a couple of cheesecakes her eyes lit up. Suddenly the wind didn't seem as cold :-)
It's cold and I think that a steaming hot mug of raspberry hot chocolate will hit the spot and warm me up!

No comments: