February 17, 2007

Dinnerware formal and non-formal

I love my dinnerware! For my everyday I have Fiestaware. For my formal I have Noritake Greenbrier. I'm rather bummed right now because I recently found out that Nortiake had discontinued my pattern last AUGUST! Then again this was not the china pattern that I had picked out. So I've made the best of it for years, all the while wishing that I had mustered up the courage to have taken it back and traded it in for the pattern that I really wanted "Old Country Roses". That pattern is a classic and will never be discontinued.

Last summer I was at a friend's home attending a going away dinner for a mutual friend. The lady who hosted the event had set her table in the most charming manner- at every place setting there was a different china pattern. I loved it! I knew right there that THAT was what I wanted to do. Now that I've seen another senior spouse do this in her home, I knew that I too could pull off this look. NO more stuffy formal place settings for me! Our new formal dinner ware will be warm and inviting, I like to call it "country charming". Everyone commented on the different dinnerware patterns that Ginny had set out and how they loved it. With that in mind I'm now going to seek single place settings of different patterns. What a great way to go about achieving a unique look.

No comments: