January 9, 2008

Aprons

There are different kinds of cookware for various kinds of cooking and that they come in all shapes and sizes, I've know this from a young age. I've been teaching my children about these sort of things and how important it is to wear an apron while cooking.
I had ran into an acquaintance yesterday, the woman was ranting about all kinds of things and during her angry diatribe she went on about how she gets grease splatters all over her clothes when she cooks hamburger and how her husband is getting angry with her at her constant complaining at how cooking ruins her clothes. That he's angry with her demanding to have a new outfit every week. Apparently she took great offence at him offering her the idea of wearing an apron while in the kitchen preparing food. She had asked me what I would do in such a situation ( keep in mind that this person is an acquaintance and does not know me other than being a volunteer in the military community) I told her that I actually wear an apron because I like to protect my clothing from such things as splattering sauces and oils. That I'm a messy cook and that I need to wear an apron, LOL! Apparently that was NOT the reply she thought that she would get from me. So much so that she started in with some nasty remarks about the store that I recommended she look at for buying herself a nice quality apron. Lets face it, some of us wear aprons and some don't. It's right in tune with the same concept as having babies and toddlers wearing bibs while they eat- to keep their clothes from getting soiled from food. I don't think that anything that I said was going to make that woman happy- all she wanted was for me to agree with her that cooking sucked and that she has every right to buy a complete new outfit every week. I'm sorry but I can't agree to that, not when a $20 apron would suffice at protecting her clothes. The one you see here is from when I made the chocolate volcano cakes....needless to say, I was quite the sweet chocolaty mess :-)

No comments: