January 8, 2008

When good appliances go bad...

For weeks now, every morning there has been this small pool of water near my coffee maker. I've been blaming it on my inability to pour water into the reservoir without spilling. Then yesterday after I had filled my coffee maker with water, I noticed some water pooling near it. Knowing full well that I did not spill water this time I went looking around for the source...there it was a steady drip drip drip coming from my beloved appliance. The source of the leak had been located, it was the water level indicator. I've got a temporary fix going on it but alas it needs to be replaced. I went out yesterday and looked at new coffee makers, nothing really caught my eye- well with exception of the Kitchen-Aid coffee maker in red over at Lowe's. There was a Krups coffee maker over at my favorite kitchen store- I want to look at it again. I kind of like the idea of having a small water filter in the coffee reservoir, I think that it would help greatly with water scale (we have very hard water here in this area). I've also been looking at coffee makers on line and have been reading up on the reviews. So for now the search is on for a new coffee maker.

No comments: