January 12, 2007

Fiestaware Pottery

Dishes, we all have them and use them on a daily basis. I started off with some beautiful Pfaltzgraff dishes back when we were first married. My Mother-in-law thought they were pretty and they were. But they were never anything that I picked out myself. But after 5 years they started falling apart and Pfaltzgraff would not honor their lifetime warranty on the pottery. That's when I started my Longaberger pottery collection. I loved how it shined, the basket weave on the edges of the ivory colored plates were so pretty and Longaberger stood behind their warranty 100% But after 5 years of owning my plain ivory plates, Longaberger came out with colored pottery. Oh was it ever pretty! But expensive! I was a Longaberger sales consultant in those days and I had always managed to get my personal stuff 40-50% off of retail price. But I was getting tired of plain ivory plates. A good friend of mine collected Fiesta ware Pottery. She showed me her collection and told me about the history. She also sold Longaberger Pottery and Baskets.I loved the colors, they were so much brighter than than the Longaberger pottery. I found out that I could buy 3 of the five piece place settings for the cost of 1 Longaberger 5 piece place setting. I was seriously interested.I started off small, I bought 4 luncheon plates. I had been wanting luncheon plates for a while and I just did it...ordered them on line. The price was just right for me! Every time Fiestaware went on sale I bought a place setting, all in different colors of course. So here it is 5 years later and I have oodles of Fiesta ware. It's my every day ware. What's the one thing that I like the best about them? It's the rainbow of colors that they are available in!Here's a list of the colors that I own...at present
*Peacock*Turquoise*Apricot*Scarlet*Black*White*CobaltBlue*
Juniper* Persimmon*Chartreuse*Sun Flower*Fiesta Yellow*Shamrock
*Periwinkle Blue* Sea Mist Green*Rose*Plum*Cinnabar*Pearl Gray
*Red (yes radioactive red)*Tangerine*Heather
I don't have place settings in all colors but I do in most. Some are just cups and saucers, other are sauce boats, creamers , serving dishes or sugar dishes.I can set the table and have it be fun! I love to have friends over for lunch or dinner and get their reactions from the different colored plates and serving bowls. I see the colors and they make me smile. Makes me think about rainbows and how the sun shines after it rains.

No comments: