January 24, 2007

Making a recipe your own...

I find it interesting that most people I know don't know how to go beyond making a recipe other than by the exact instructions. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it just seems odd to not want to be more creative (or at least to me it seems odd). By adding little touches here and there we can fine tune a recipe, make it more savory, tart, sweet or whatever.

I made a Turtle Cheesecake...I changed the recipe, added little things here and there to make it my own. Since my family likes nuts but does not like them in their sweet treats I omitted them and added something else. Oh my gosh right there about sent us over the moon! So I've made my own Turtle Cheesecake Recipe and for mew...it rocks! I'm sharing the recipe and the cheesecake with some girlfriends tomorrow. I've combined my 2 passions and have made a recipe scrapbook page. Tomorrow my girlfriends and I will makes recipe pages of what we eat for lunch. I've also got baked potato soup on the menu. Again I took a basic recipe and tweaked it a bit and made it into my own. I will share that recipe as well. I just have to design a layout to highlight it, LOL! I do find it rather funny how I have all of my prep work done in the kitchen for 2 recipes and have yet to get the design nailed down for the soup page, LOL!!!

Now once I have this 2nd page design done I'll make a prototype and then I'm off to refine it and then is when I will make the page kits. This is just tooooo much fun!

No comments: