January 12, 2007

Kitchen Appliances

What a work of art they are these days. No longer are they ugly looking appliances that you hide underneath of your counter when you’re done using them. Nowadays they are available in a multitude of colors and styles. Take my can opener for instance, it’s by Black and Decker but it looks like a can of Campbell’s soup. Some people like to have everything match a particular color scheme that they have going on in their kitchen…then there’s me. My Kitchen is like a rainbow, with my Fiesta Ware pottery in the cupboards and Fiesta Ware trivets hanging on the walls, well it should be no surprise that my kitchen appliances are different colors too. From my stand mixer in Emerald Green, to my blender being Tangerine Orange to my food processor being Empire Red and a Black Coffee Maker…color is everywhere!

So now to what kinds of appliances I’ve got in my kitchen…

* Bread Machine - I used to use it more often but with the limited amount of counter space that I have, well it’s lucky if it sees daylight every 2 to 3 months.

*Rice Cooker – This little gem gets used at 2 to 3 times a week!

*4 Slice Toaster – we use it every single day.

*Coffee Maker – Used on a daily basis

*George Foreman Grill – known around here as the char-b-cue. Used a few times a month

*Can Open – used near daily, couldn’t live without one!
*Ice Cream Maker – Used greatly during the warmer months
*Stand Mixer – used several times weekly, I don’t know how I got along before without it!
*Hand Mixer- haven’t used it in ages
*Blender – don’t know how I could do without one of these!
*Food Processor – Used all of the time around here!
*Emersion Blender – have it, use it once in a while…I wish that I had a better quality one but can’t justify that purchase
*Espresso Coffee Maker – love this little coffee pot, makes enough just for me!

*Waffle Maker- OOOh Whee do we love to use this here at our house!

*Crock Pot- every household needs one of these!
*Electric Tea Kettle – used daily!
* Coffee Bean Grinder – I use it at least once or twice a month
*Knife Sharpener – this baby see action every three or four months
*Deep Fryer – I used to use this all of the time. I can’t tell you when I used it last though

*Microwave Oven – Our house does not have a built in so we had to buy on that sits on the counter top. I don’t know many people that don’t have one of these in their homes.

I think that this is it for my kitchen appliances. I must say, that is quite the list!

No comments: