January 11, 2007

My general views on cooking...

We all have some sort of hobby that we feel passionately towards... we wouldn't be human if we didn't. Cooking isn't what most people would call a hobby per-say. I think that baking/making/creating cakes would be considered a hobby if you made the foofy nice looking ones with the fancy shaped pans and took those Wilton cake classes. But cooking food in general is something that I feel most passionately about.

As in my bio- cooking is more than about filling the stomach, it's about feeding the soul too as well. With a good meal, all of your senses should be aroused, the aroma of the food should bring a smile, the taste on the tongue, the feel of it in your mouth, the appearance should be pleasing too. Anyone can make a meal that comes frozen or out of a box but is that really considered cooking? Yes and No...when prepared just like the box? NO. Now add things to it and dress it up a bit and then I'll say yes. In case you are wondering... yes of course I bake frozen breaded chicken strips for my family, but I also like to dress them up a bit...covered in country gravy with rice (m'm this is one of my children's favorites) or smothered in home made pasta sauce with melted provolone and parmesan cheese on top with fettuccine noodles for chicken parmesan...another one of my children's favorites. Amazing things can be made with those breaded chicken breast strips, just give them a chance to be made into other things. And of course there's the old stand by...just plain chicken strips, LOL! My husband makes those for the kids when I'm out.
I plan on sharing little tips and things here at My Cookbook Nook. I hope to get others enjoying cooking as much as I do...or at least more than they do now.

No comments: