January 15, 2007

Using common sense...

As I am picking out fresh fruits and vegetables I observe others that just grab any old onion or potato and toss it into their shopping cart. Myself, I like to "feel" my produce for soft spots, look for mold or rotten spots. I noticed that people pay more attention to picking out bananas than anything else. I had to laugh because this one woman looked at every single banana but then walked up and without a second glance grabbed a bag of potatoes and flung it into her cart. Hmmm, I like to inspect my produce before I buy it. Every time I buy a bag of potatoes I'd say that at least half of that bag is not usable. Maybe it's just me, but I never seem to have any luck with that 5 or 10 pound bag of spuds. So I buy what I know I am going use and I check them over.

So I'm walking around the grocery store and I see people just flinging cans, boxes and frozen food items on top of their produce. Yikes! So now you're mashing your veggies before you even get home. How long do you think that they're going to last? Use common sense when choosing your produce, and treat them with care when in your shopping cart!

No comments: